Friday, October 24, 2008

Know When To Fold 'Em

I'm not giving up. Not on day one of my blog! I had cut some pieces for a fitted diaper the other night. I made my pattern by tracing a one-size diaper onto a piece of interfacing. Then, I cut my fabrics (old flannel receiving blanket and the rest of the red bubble fat quarter from the kite shirt) and chose my soaker. I cut up an old microterry insert and wrapped it in an old flannel receiving blanket - so three layers of microterry and two layers of flannel.

Tonight, after excitedly reading a friend's tutorial on making an all-in-one (AIO) diaper, I tried to sew my pieces together.

Sadly, I have realized I have a difficult time sewing a straight line and imagining my seam allowance. So, for the time being, I will need to figure out a way to transfer some dots or something to my fabric so that I can follow the dots as I feed the fabric through. I lost a lot of size because of my stitch placement.

I'll post photos of my diaper tomorrow. And I'm also going to still try it on my younger daughter in the morning to see if it would still fit, but I really don't think it will. I haven't put in back elastic or hook and loop yet. I didn't want to waste my supplies if it is really not going to work.

But, I will be trying again!

1 comment:

  1. You can always send it over for your favorite twins to test drive! ;)

    ReplyDelete